St. Barr's Church
However it was only in 1919 when St Barr's became a parish in its own right and Fr Joseph Gillies from Morar became the first parish priest.
In 2006 the centenary of St. Barr's church was celebrated, a very significant landmark in the history of Barra
A lovely looking building with 6 tall lancet windows on both sides.
A small island situated off Northbay has a statue of the patron saint of the Northbay parish who is also pictured on the wall of the church porch.
Fr John Paul is now the parish priest for all churches on the Island. Sunday mass is held at 9.30 am and any other masses are advertised locally.